Sunday, November 27, 2016

Sidelined - Week #17


The past week comprised of a rough seven days indeed. New minor health issues manifested what seems like every moment. They started on the night before Thanksgiving Thursday. I had some minor stomach discomfort but I went to sleep regardless and could not sleep. I woke up the next morning and my stomach was not feeling good at all and my head was dizzier than ever, to the point of not being able to concentrate at all. I laid in bed for studies and slept while my companion had his own study time. I woke up hours later and a member offered to bring me somewhere to eat some simple food. I was so sick that I didn't even want to talk to anyone and could only manage three spoonfuls of rice. We returned home to plan but I ended up passing out again and woke up feeling much better.

I still was not feeling 100 percent so I opted to just have a smoothie for my Thanksgiving dinner. We were supposed to have a big feast at a buffet restaurant but some member drama took that idea off the board. Instead, we opted to go to the usual market and eat at the usual place we always do but I went for a watermelon smoothie instead of some rice. We returned home early because I started to feel dizzy again with the drugs wearing off. Over the next few days my stomach would occasionally feel upset, my head would hurt, and I hurt my neck by sleeping on it wrong to top it all off. To make a long story short, nothing went right with my health this week but thanks to the amazing mission nurse and an awesome companion, I am alive and well.

Because I was sidelined for much of the week with health issues, my companion tried his best to teach lessons and contact while I tried to survive. We had some amazing teaching opportunities this week that have set us up to have more success and more baptisms, such as one lesson in which we unexpectedly taught 7 unrelated investigators at the same time with two members present. We are hoping to have 6 total baptisms by the end of the transfer, and we already have 1 so far. We believe that miracles will come to pass that will help us achieve our high goals.

This P-day we decided to take things sabay (chill) and just hang around with the members and play some ping-pong. It is nice to not have to worry about getting rides set up and making sure everything falls in place. ​


No comments:

Post a Comment